Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Best Study Apps & Websites for Students




Being a student is like having a full-time job: one must be dedicated in order to succeed. Thankfully, there are numerous resources online in addition to the wealth of resources available to students in their universities and schools. Below are some of the ones I use to help me with my studies:






Flashcards & MCQs(Multiple Choice Quizzes):
  • Quizlet- My personal favorite; Has Four "Study" modes and Two "Play" modes; You can upgrade to put images on your flashcards
  • Cram.com- Works by the concept of spaced and focused repetition; Helpful for last-minute studying (though I do not condone this practice)
  • Brainscape- Not only can you study subjects for school, but this site/app allows you to gain more knowledge on a broad range of topics from Science to Entertainment and more
  • Study Blue- Similar to Quizlet although most features you have to pay for
  • Memrise- Similar to Quizlet, but you can set reminders for yourself to go over your flashcards
  • Anki- Based on the idea of spaced repition
  • Synap- Allows you to create and share MCQs
  • Quia- Allows you to create and take quizzes for yourself and quizzes made by others
I personally believe this method of study is one of the best. One philosophy I live by for school is: Test yourself before the teacher tests you. Testing yourself allows you to focus your study on questions you don't know very well and motivates you to drill those questions until you fully comprehend. 

Mind Mapping:
  • GoConqr- Allows you to not only create mindmaps, but flashcards and MCQs as well
  • MindMeister- Beautiful interface; Allows you to create simple mindmaps
  • Coggle- Easy-to-work-with interface
Mindmapping is a great technique for putting concepts together and allows you to see the bigger picture of the topic you are studying. I personally use this technique for my Biology and other science classes. 

Online Notes:
  • Evernote- My personal favorite; Allows you to create notes on the go. It also allows you to organize your notes into different notebooks
  • OneNote- Useful Microsoft app
I hope that you find these websites/apps helpful to you in your studies!
For more study tips, Follow my Tumblr studyblr: http://miraclesstudies.tumblr.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates